Regular exercise and a well-balanced diet may not be the only elements needed for a healthy lifestyle. Researchers say that regular chiropractic care can help improve the body and mind, and may also contribute to a better quality of life.
A study published in The Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research in August 2004 shows that a healthy spinal column can improve posture, reduce stress and increases range of motion when performing various exercises. People who undergo regular chiropractic care may also take better care of themselves by exercising regularly, getting enough sleep and making healthy nutritional choices that also improve the quality of life. Is regular chiropractic care a viable option for you, your family or your friends? Here’s a close look at some of the key benefits of regular chiropractic care:
1. Natural way to reduce stress. Chiropractic adjustments help to improve nervous system functioning which in turn helps minimize the effects of stress. When someone is suffering from poor nerve function, stress buildup can be significant enough to trigger migraines, headaches, joint pain and extreme anxiety.
2. Improves posture. A better posture encourages better breathing patterns which helps keep the energy flowing throughout the body. It increases our longevity by taking both nerve pressure and physical off two of our vital organs, those being our lungs and our heart; it improves concentration, thereby allowing better decision making and better thought patterns by allowing an increased blood flow to our brain. This in turn allows up to exercise better neurological pathways and lay down stronger neurological connections (neuroplasticity). Better posture also minimizes the risk of upper and lower back pain, joint problems and fatigue. Together, these effects can improve quality of life.
3. Increased joint flexibility and mobility. Regular chiropractic adjustments can improve range of motion and thereby encourage far more freedom with physical activity. This reduces the chances that someone will maintain a sedentary lifestyle, and regular exercise or physical activity can improve quality of life overall.
On a side note, Roger Sperry, PhD 1981 Nobel Peace Prize winner found that the brain requires movement, so much so that “90% of the stimulation and nutrition to the brain is generated by movement of the spine. This would be analogous to a windmill generating electricity.” If there is any lack of joint motion created by arthritic change, the brain will also start to decrease its function and performance. Chiropractic care helps to deliver this movement.
4. Promotes natural healing. One of the most significant outcomes of chiropractic care, is that the body can begin to restore itself naturally. An impaired nervous system often leads to injury and damage to the tissues and joints. Any type of spinal misalignment can contribute to the deterioration of the body, so chiropractic adjustments can reduce this risk and promote the natural healing process. This means that people may not need to resort to prescription drugs and medication just to feel better, thereby improving their quality of life.
5. Reduces blood pressure. Improved nervous system functioning can improve blood and energy flow throughout the body, which in turn can reduce blood pressure. High blood pressure can contribute to a number of health problems and diseases, and may be difficult to control as the patient ages or runs through times of stress (see point #1). Regular chiropractic can reduce blood pressure naturally, which means the patient may not need to resort to medication in order to improve their health.
When combined with a healthy eating program, regular exercise, and rest, chiropractic care offers a number of immediate and long-term health benefits. From reducing stress to promoting the body’s natural healing process, maintaining a schedule of chiropractic treatments will help improve overall health and improve quality of life.
Our approach to Chiropractic is simple. We take the time to understand your individual situation, thoroughly assess your physical condition, explain in detail what we have found, and then implement a program of care designed specifically for you!
Family Chiropractic – Chatswood
7/7 Kirk Street,
Chatswood, NSW 2067